Process development labs and smaller, growth-stage biotech companies share a common challenge when it comes to running their experiments: They’re often left out in the cold by automation technology products that are designed and priced for larger manufacturing organizations.
Historically, smaller labs and new biotech companies have been forced to rely on inefficient manual processes that delay discovery, hamper growth and drain financial and human resources.
Today, these companies have an alternative: LabOwl™, a bioreactor automation control technology specifically designed to meet the needs of development labs and smaller, growing organizations.
Cookie Cutter Automation = Bad Fit For Labs
Before Lab Owl, smaller labs and growing biotech organizations seeking automated bioreactor controls had few choices that met their unique needs.
They could bust their budget for a product that was too expensive, too rigid (one-size-fits-all) and that ignored the specific needs scientists have in a research lab. Or, they could run slow, inefficient, hard-to-replicate manual experiments that require team members to work around the clock taking care of their cells, inviting burnout and human error.
Lab Owl is an alternative to one-size-fits-all, expensive automation products and inefficient, resource sapping manual processes. Lab Owl gives development labs and growth-minded companies access to a scalable, highly flexible and integrated bioreactor control system priced and built specifically for them.
LabOwl Benefits for Development Labs and Growth-Stage Companies
Drawing on its deep, wide-ranging systems integration experience across an array of industries, ACC built LabOwl to empower development labs and growing companies to do more, faster, while maintaining the highest quality assurance standards. LabOwl offers myriad benefits, including:
- Easy set up and scalability. In just a few simple steps, the Lab Owl system can be configured to achieve your unique experiment goals.. The interface was designed to be easy to use for everyone, from your lab techs to your Research Directors. The technology can also grow as you grow, helping your scientists from development through scale-up into manufacturing.
- Outstanding Flexibility. Lab Owl was built as an open system to accommodate a wide range of control devices and instrumentation, making it an ideal solution no matter what kind of bioreactors or other technology you utilize in your lab. Any user can also easily set control schemes and custom recipes using macros to automate their unique processes to achieve consistent results. Now you have the ability to easily run the experiments exactly how you want to so you can advance your research without limitations. If you need to extend capabilities, LabOwl was built for easy “plug and play” upgrades.
- Secure, Remote Monitoring. Scientists no longer have to come to the lab in the middle of the night to monitor and fix runs. Monitoring and control can all be done remotely, with push notifications, including alarms, sent right to a device. Automation and remote monitoring reduces staff burnout and can vastly reduce human error.
- Data Collection & Reporting. Lab Owl not only records data from your bioreactors, it captures data output from all integrated analytical instruments. Collection of all your data makes it easier to identify run issues and to fix them. The system empowers your team to quickly solve issues and identify what’s working so you can do more of it, more efficiently.
- Outstanding, Ongoing Support. You and your scientists will have access to ongoing, expert customer support from day one. Installation and setup is just the start of a long-term consultative support relationship that lets you focus on your research knowing we’re there to make sure your technology is always working the way you need it to.
- Strong Return on Investment. When compared to other automated control systems, Lab Owl is affordable and, even more importantly, you only pay for what you need. As your needs change, as you grow, you can make strategic, easily implemented upgrades so the platform can grow with you.
For small to mid sized biotech companies and development labs with limited budgets and resources, Lab Owl is a true gamechanger.
With Lab Owl you get the latest cutting edge bioreactor automation features at an affordable price that makes what used to be impossible, possible.